A belated happy new year to you all. I saw in the New Year with some delightful friends at a post-apocalyptic warehouse party... sooo many awesome costumes. I looked a little like this:
Annnyway, a new year is an excellent time to set some goals and think about what you want to achieve. I can't stand making resolutions because in all honesty, I find them too focused on taking things away from yourself and pressurising yourself into doing things. Goals, however, are all about making yourself more excellent and come with a degree of flexibility. You break a resolution, but you can always be working towards a goal - a far more positive and achievable way of doing things.
So, my 2012 goals list is:
- Establish a weight training regime
- Enter two 10k races
- Possibly (depending on how my health holds up) enter a half marathon at the end of the year
- Get my relationship with food back to a positive, happy place
- Make more things! (Mainly sewing, but crocheting and knitting too)
- Improve my posture and flexibility
- Take better care of myself generally (or, as my housemate says, apply my own oxygen mask first before I look after everyone else)
- See my sisters more
- Visit 2 new countries
- Journal more (I have a Wellbeing journal which I'll share with you in another post and a couple of person journals too)
Personally, I'm feeling pretty positive about all of these. All of them feel achievable, all of them are things which are going to make life a bit more awesome.
What are your goals for 2012?