Wednesday 28 July 2010

July Favourites

I know this is coming a little early, but I'm on the husbands computer which means I can't hook up my camera. However, make sure you look out for tonights/tomorrrows (haven't decided when I'll put in the effort to sort my laptop) post on what I'm taking on holiday. Anyyyway, my current favourites are (in no particular order):

1.Benefit Benetint

Oh. My. Goodness. How did I not have this in my kit before? I love it. For a start, I love the fact that it has a gorgeous rose scent not the alcoholy scent that you can sometimes get with stains (I'm looking at you Body Shop). Also, it's just brilliant. The combination of this and either tinted moisturiser (yup, still loving the Lush Colour Supplement) or The Bosy Shop Natures Minerals means I can look half decent for work in under 3 minutes. I'm also finding that the new Lush Lip Tint (It Started with a Kiss - the red one) is a perfect pairing for this. All you need to add is a bit of mascara and maybe a flick of eyeliner if you're feeling fancy and tada - you're good to go!

2. The Body Shop Nature's Minerals Foundation in 03
I think I've mentioned this foundation before, but I probably didn't love it quite as much then as I do now. When it was a little colder, I was wearing this over tinted moisturiser, however, in the crazy humidity/heat that we have at the moment, I'm choose to just us this on it's own and it's lovely. It's a light to medium coverage, very matte, and great for when you've got fairly clear and sunkissed skin. It adds that little bit of evenness and coverage, without feeling heavy or clogging up your pores. Excellent!

3. Boots 17 Va Va Voom Mascara

I have a horrible, horrible feeling I've mentioned this tonnes before, but tough. I love this mascara. It's cheap (£5.99 I think) and more importantly, it's excellent. Buildable volume, excellent formula, intense colour, never flakes, fairly smudge proof, not over the top..... argggh, I could talk to you about this mascara all day. I honestly love it, hence why I've already convinced 3 people that they need this in their life. I'd like to advise you all to head to your nearest Boots, pick up this mascara and take it to the checkout. I think you'll thank me.

4. Tigi Hard to Get Texturizing Paste

Since I got my hair cut all short and choppy again (ok, not that short and choppy, but still...), I've started using this. It smells incredible (like watermelon) and it's not too heavy or sticky. The texture on your hands when you melt it is a cross between a serum and a wax and it's great for giving your hair extra texture and a bit of matteness without making it look like you've shoved tonnes of product on it.

5. Cloud Nine Iron


I was given these when I went the a Cloud Nine Photo Shoot a little while ago, and I'll be honest, I hadn't given them much use. I had a good play around when I first got them, and tried to curl my hair a couple of times (which apparently I'm utterly rubbish at *sigh*) but since getting my hair cut, these are making my life happy indeed. I love the fact that you don't have to completely fry your hair to get it to be nice and straight and shiny, and I really love the fact that you have more options than just poker straight (which makes me look utterly ridiculous). Love these. Will try to do a bit of a longer post on them soon because they're fab and if you're looking for new straighteners, these are definitely what I'd recommend!

What are your July favourites?

1 comment:

  1. Great post!
    I've heard great things about the Body Shop foundations but sadly they don't come anywhere close to my skin tone :(
    I love the packaging of the Va Va Voom mascara. If i ever need a new one (which is doubtful as i have 2 on the go that are still going strong and another 10 or so that haven't been opened yet :P) i'll give it a go!
    The Cloud 9 straighteners sound great. I don't straighten my hair often enough to really justify spending so much on a pair :/ i wish they could just fall into my hands somehow! XD
    You should try Pussy Cat the Me Me Me benetint dupe. I've found it EXACTLY the same, including the lovely rose smell but it's about a quarter of the price :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and thoughts are really appreciated :) Thank you for taking the time to chat xx