Friday 27 August 2010

Summer Lovin' Series - Make up part one

Oke, so today's Summer Lovin' post is going to focus on my favourite "Face" make up - foundations, bronzers, blush etc. Part two will feature my favourite products for eyes and part three will be my favourite products for lips!

Foundation:
I've switched between two foundations for the whole of summer - one liquid and one mineral, although generally I've been sticking with mineral as I prefer a lighter, more matte finish during the summer. Oddly enough, both of these products are from The Body Shop. They are:


The Body Shop Mineral Foundation in Shade 03 and The Body Shop Moisture Foundation in Shade 04. Excellent foundations that perform well every time. Neither of them are the best foundations I've ever used in my whole history of foundation use, but they both provide good day to day coverage that leaves you looking "finished" by not looking over done.

Blusher/Bronzer:
I'm becoming a blusher fiend.... it's all I ever seem to want to buy at the moment. This summer I've mostly been using:

Boots 17 Blush & Glow in Strawberry Swirl and Peaches and Cream




I've mentioned these before, but they're still one of the first things I reach for blusher wise. Excellent for giving you a healthy glow, with a wonderful highlighter to boot!

Mac Ripe Peach Blush Ombre


I picked this one up in a blog sale as it reminded me of an Estee Lauder Blusher I'd one had applied at a make up counter and fell in love with (but being 16 couldn't quite justify buying). I adore this. I tend to layer it up with a little something extra (normally one of the Blush&Glows). Lovely :)

ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder


The famous "is it a Nars dupe" duo. I like to team these two with a sexy brown eye and a pop of pink lipstick (normally Soft Peony by The Body Shop). Richly pigmented, so I tend to give my brush a really good tap first!

Benefit Benetint

As I've said before, I'm fully away of how slow on the uptake I was with this - I spent years dismissing it as faffy and annoying, but now I can't get enough of this rose scented bottle of awesomeness. 


ELF Warm Bronzer

Another great multi tasker, doubling up as an eyeshadow palette when you're packing light! Great for warming up the skin - especially if your regular foundation feels a tad too light on summer tanned skin.

What are face makeup are you loving this summer?

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving my Meow Pampered Puss foundation, as usual :) I'm also loving Too Faced's Pink Provacateur Blush duo since it lets me put blush and contour on in one swipe.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and thoughts are really appreciated :) Thank you for taking the time to chat xx