Thursday 31 March 2011

Make Up No Spend Month


Hello lovelies! Hope you're enjoying the sunshine even if it is blowing a gale out there!

I don't know about you, but since I started beauty blogging, I've bought way more make up than I've ever bought in my life.... I have drawers full of pretty coloured pots of loose eyeshadows, glass bottled of foundation strewn about all over the place and more lipstick and lipgloss than I can shake a stick at, not to mention the trillions of eyeshadows palettes neatly stacked in boxes. And do I use most of it on a daily basis? No. Weekly basis? No. In fact, it's a very rare occasion at the moment that my makeup of choice involves more than a Bobbi Brown foundation, Mac Ripe Peach or Bobbi Brown Apricot Blush, a little mascara and some ELF felt tip eyeliner with a quick slick of lipstick.

And yet.... I still keep buying it. A blusher here, a cheap eyeshadow palette there... it's just sitting and collecting dust! The worst thing for me is blog sales.... I always manage to find something that I want! But not this month, no no - this month is my Make Up No Spend Month :)

Who's with me?

4 comments:

  1. I'm on a no buy too! Well, project 10 pan but it's practically the same thing haha. You know what though - I don't miss it :S Makes extra cash available for clothes and little treats :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this, I need to save up for household things, plus at the moment I'm using the same foundation, blusher, bronzer, lippy each day! Lots of other things are being neglected! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been on a project 10 pan since christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on a two month spending as of yesterday. I have two weddings in September and they aren't going to pay for themselves!

    Are you going to do some FOTD with some of the stuff you haven't looked for ahwile?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and thoughts are really appreciated :) Thank you for taking the time to chat xx