Wednesday 29 June 2011

Recipe: Simple Flapjack Topped Pear Crumble

Hello Lovelies!

Somehow this week, I've managed to neglect our bag of pears.... shocking I know. However, it does mean that said bag of pears are now gloriously juicy and perfect for pear crumble making!

First, choose your pear. Admire it, squeeze it (to check for ripeness... obviously), love it and spend some time taking pictures of it in mildly seductive lighting. Next...

Kiss that sweet pear goodbye! Peel it and slice it straight into 2 glass ramekins and cover with a sprinkle of cinnamon.


Next, make your flapjack topping. 1/2 cup of oats, 1 slightly heaped tsp soft dairy free spread (I used Pure Sunflower spread... you can, of course, use a non-dairy free spread if you're that way inclined!) and around a tablespoon of agave (if you don't have agave, and you're not vegan, I'm sure honey would work fine too). Mix it all up with a spoon.

Spoon it into your ramekins making sure your pear is nice and covered. Pop your crumbles in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 180C.


You know your crumble's cooked when your pears have gone soft and juicy in the bottom and the top is a lovely golden brown.


I've been enjoying mine topped with Alpro Soya Vanilla Yoghurt (in fact, I've been enjoying them so much that I even had them for breakfast today!)

So there you go - super quick, ridiculously easy flapjack topped crumble with a fraction of the sugar, fat and faff of your regular crumble experience! Enjoy :)
RSS Feed | Bloglovin | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

15 comments:

  1. well there goes my diet.. this looks gorgeous and seems really simple - definately going to be trying this out for dessert this evening :)
    loving this post!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radiant Makeup - to be honest, I think your diet is pretty much still intact - there's very little "bad" stuff or fat in here - just a teeny weeny bit of spread (and you could use a low fat spread I'm sure). Oats+pears = awesome foods and agave has a nice low GI to avoid the sugar spike :D Glad you like it lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks incredible. I need to buy some pears... !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruthy - it's delicious! I recommend the Sainsbury's basics or Tesco Kids Pears - they're always utterly delicious and super cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE PEAR!!!

    Someone had to! This looks yummy - my boyfriend loves crumble, I might have to give this one a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robyn - haha indeed they did! Let me know if you give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum that looks so amazing- I have a little pear obsession at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria - thanks lovely! They're delicious :D Pears are amazing aren't they?! I've eaten so many over the last few months!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, these look great! & so simple too, I love the idea of having one for breakfast, yum! :)

    I've added the recipe to my "must make when get back from honeymoon" list - I can't wait to have time to get back into the kitchen properly - at the moment it's all about quick dinners that everyone will eat, rather than baking/desserts etc.

    PS. sorry if you get multiple copies of this comment - I tried to comment from my iPhone about 4 times before giving up & opening the laptop!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY WORD ... those look awesome, I am SO trying them next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucy - hehe thank you! They were amazing for breakfast - nice and filling, a healthier portion of fruit and not too sweet :)

    BabyWilt - ahhh thanks sweetie! Let me know how you get on with them :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crumble is my favourite dessert ever - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks so so good! I'll try it once we'll find organic pears that don't come from Argentina or any other oversea place (sniff) :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh I like the look of this, I'm a bit of a crumble fiend, especially come winter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so good, i haven't had crumble for ages and i bet this is even nicer than the traditional version :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and thoughts are really appreciated :) Thank you for taking the time to chat xx