Monday 31 January 2011

Monday Musings VI



Hello lovelies! Hope you're having a wonderful start to the week and that life isn't proving too stressful :) Last week really seemed to drag, hence I'm happy to be bringing you my Monday Musing for this week (which I hope will move a little more speedily!)


 Roundup 
Quite a few posts this week from me :)

On Tuesday, I finally got round to doing my epic current skincare post, which is basically a Liz Earle Love fest hehe
On Wednesday, I treated myself in The Body Shop BOGOF sale offer and got a genuinely awesome bargain!
On Thursday, I posted an Alva Showergel review
On Saturday, I treated you an an Inspirational Interview of epic epicness with Caitlin from Shiro Cosmetics
On Sunday, I had a fight with several videos but eventually brought you my video review of ELF bamboo brushes and some other ELFy bits :)



♥ Eye Eye
This week I feel like I've mainly seen a lot of school - my week moved really slowly for some reason and it felt like I spent most of my time there... however, this can't be true as the other thing I spent a lot of time seeing was friends! We had 2 different sets of friends over for dinner, and hosted our cell group and I went for dinner with a couple of friends as well! (Not to mention the obligatory meeting up for coffee midweek!)


I've also been doing lots of reading this week which has been a nice distraction from work and a good bit of escapism - I utterly love trashy vampire fiction and have ever since I was about 10 or 11 and got a copy of The Secret Vampire by L.J.Smith free with Just 17 magazine. At the moment, I'm in the middle of the Morganville Vampires series, which I'm enjoying for its distinct lack of sparkly vampire (although I am partial to a bit of Twilight on the odd occasion when I want my brain to feel like mush)


♥ Whirring Cogs
You're probably bored to death of me saying this, but this week I've been thinking a heck of a lot about my GTP. I sent off my application last week and now I start the joyous process of waiting to see if I've made it through the first round of short listing.

I've also spent a fair bit of time wishing I worked a more flexible/financially rewarding job for two reasons - firstly, because I would have utterly loved to go to IMATS and secondly because I was invited to the Professional Beauty show bloggers event at the end of February but as it's term time I'll be working :( I was devastated.

♥ Hidden Treasures
This week I think you should check out...
Sprinkle of Glitter for super cute posts that often make me giggle, lots of lovely reviews and pretty pretty pictures!
An Exception to the Rule because she's a genuinely awesome person and picked me up an Inglot palette at IMATS - her blog is also choc full of reviews and the latest beauty product news and she doesn't have nearly enough followers!
Life of a Cosmo(naut) for amazing amounts of swatch p*rn....another utterly fab lady with not anywhere near as many followers as she deserves!


♥ The Path...
This week, I'm going to remind myself to let go and let God.

♥ Respect Yourself
Over the last week, I've had the privilege of being able to support a fair few friends (in my actual life and my blogging life) who've gone through some pretty difficult times. Hence my "Respect Yourself" idea of the week isn't actually related to things for us but to things we can do for others. Sadly, Western Culture is very focused on the "Me Monster" - when all that's important is yourself and we end up so busy that our sense of self preservation kicks in and we allow those around us to fall to the peripheries of our priorities. I think it would be amazing if this week, everyone who reads this makes an extra effort to help the people around them who need help. Put a line through the gym visit and go visit the friend who's having a tough time instead, buy an extra cup of tea when you're in Starbucks and give it to the first homeless person you see (better still, buy an extra Boots meal deal and give them that instead), send a spontaneous bunch of flowers to your mum/aunty/best friend and tell them that you love them, that you're thinking of them and that you're always willing to lend a hand where needed.... don't let the person have to wait an 30 minutes for the next bus because they don't have the correct change - pay for their ticket and don't expect them to pay you back, send a message to the person on twitter who seems hurt and upset, ask a friend how they really are and just listen for a while. Imagine if everyone who read this post did this - I think there'd be a few happier people out there, and that wouldn't just be the people that we show a little love to :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww.. thank you so much Emily! I really appreciate the extra exposure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the end of your post - I agree, it's nice to be nice :) Even sometimes just smiling and saying hello to someone can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel - that's fine :) I really love your blog!

    TBTS - I totally agree! It can be so easy to forget to do it though :) Glad you enjoyed the post x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and thoughts are really appreciated :) Thank you for taking the time to chat xx