The first of these was the Lush Colour Supplements. I'm quite friendly with a couple of the SAs at my local Lush and was lucky enough to be given very generous samples of both the Light and the Dark Yello Colour Supplements.
The colour supplements are meant to act as a multipurpose facial colour that can be used in three different ways:
- They can be mixed into your normal moisturiser to create a tinted moisturiser
- They can be applied directly onto the skin as foundation
- They can be used as concealer
Does it work?
Well, yes and no really. I'll discuss each of the ways of using them in the same numerical order to make it easier.
- This is definitely my preferred way of using them. They give a nice hint of colour without the faff of applying foundation. I've actually been doing this and then using a thin layer of bareMinerals foundation over the top to even out some of my redness and it's been working really nicely. The only slightly annoying thing is that I'm not a Light Yellow or a Dark Yellow - my perfect match is a mix of the two. Stupid faffy skin.
- Urgh. Hello pores, wrinkles and scabby bits that I didn't even know existed. This was quite honestly a traumatic experience. Using this as a foundation did not work for me - it gives a really heavy coverage and has a very trad foundation look/feel if you know what I mean ... you can really tell that you're wearing make up and it settles into all the bits you don't want it to settle into and clings into all the bits you don't want it to cling to.
- Again, I'm not really a fan of using these as concealer - I'd rather just use a light dusting of mineral foundation over the top to even things out a little.
Would I buy this again? I probably will do actually - I really like having a tinted moisturiser option that doesn't require me using an entirely different moisturiser and I've only needed to use a teeny tiny amount of my samples so far (and I've used them a lot) so I can see these being pretty good value for money
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ out of 5 for option 1
♥ out of 5 for options 2 and 3
Price: £7.50 for 20g from Lush (Available in Light and Dark Pink and Light and Dark Yellow)
*Disclaimer* These products were given to me as free samples for personal use and my reviews always reflect my honest opinion. I am in no way affliated with Lush or paid to review for them.