Tuesday 19 April 2011

Embracing a Healthier Lifestyle Part Two: Thinking Big, Dreaming Big

Hello Lovelies!


I'm a big believer in dreaming big - if we don't dream big, we have nothing to aim for. I always have a gazillion different big dreams running around my mind and I'm never quite sure which will stay as dreams or which will become a reality, but you know what? That's exciting. I love that about my life!

Dreaming big is what keeps me motivated and keeps me strong when I'm flagging in my choice to live a healthier lifestyle. It was dreaming big that meant I entered that very first 10k, and dreaming even bigger that resulted in entering a half marathon.

I dream big every time I make a delicious meal - I imagine how wonderful I want it to taste, I spend time thinking about the combinations of flavours and textures, I spend a significant amount of my day dreaming about how to make nutritious but delicious meals for me and my husband.

Dreaming big is what motivates me when I run. I tell myself that I'm strong and that I can do it. I imagine myself crossing the finish line of the Great North Run. I think about how good running is for my body and I think of how all that cardio exercise is pumping my heart and burning off the love handles.

Thinking big and dreaming big allows me to set goals to work towards. At the moment, my goals are:
♥ Finish the Run for All 10k in sub 60 (shaving 13 minutes off last year's race....)
♥ Finish the Great North Run in 2 hours
♥ Loose the extra three quarters of a stone that I've gained since getting married
♥ Keep eating healthy, keep cutting out gluten wherever possible, keep moving towards a more vegan diet
♥ Run a marathon in 2012..... this one scares the heck of out me, but I want to do it!

What are you dreaming big about at the moment?


What goals are you working towards?

1 comment:

Your comments and thoughts are really appreciated :) Thank you for taking the time to chat xx