Friday 12 February 2010

Fyrinnae Swatches + cheeky little Fyrinnae bright eye look

As I mentioned in a post yesterday, one of the companies who got me back into the realms of fun make up are the ever wonderful Fyrinnae who I discovered via the Lush Forum. Fyrinnae make gorgeous, cruelty free make up and their eyeshadows are to die for. Below are swatches from my first ever haul from them (all swatched dry over Pixie Epoxy):
The bottom two of the third row from the left are Samhain Spirits and Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat (I've just realised that they're not really that readable - sorry!). My favourites are probably We're All Mad Here (beautiful sparkly acid green), Stormbringer (from the Arcane Magic Collection - a gorgeous blue grey which this photo doesn't quite do justice!) and Dragonwing (the perfect deep green in my opinion). All have amazing colour payoff and I find that I get very little fallout. These are beautifully complex colours that really need to be seen in the flesh to be really enjoyed :)

These retail for $1.75 for samples to $5.95 for the full size 3g pot. Samples come in little plastic pots and range from 1/8 (for Arcane Magics) to 1/4 of a teaspoon (for normal eyeshadows). Delivery is $3.50 for international orders under $20 and free for those over $20 (and trust me, that's really not hard to acheive!). The wonderful Fyrinnae guys were also kind enough to include a couple of samples (Polar Bear and Samhain Spirits) and they make a concious effort to choose sample colours that complement your purchase :)

As a teeny bonus, I thought I'd pop in a bright eye look I did the other day using Pixie Epoxy, We're All Mad Here and Geek Glam on the lids, Shingami on the crease and the lower lashline and a dab of Polar Bear in the inner corner. These pictures weren't really taken for blogging purposes but I figured I'd share. Looking at them now, I really wish I had the crease brush that I bought today when I did this look - it could do with just a little more blending :)
 

 

Also, Fresco Phyrra has an indie spotlight with one of the owners of Fyrinnae here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and thoughts are really appreciated :) Thank you for taking the time to chat xx