Friday 26 February 2010

Payday Haulage :)

Hello lovelies :)

Today was payday, hurrah! Obviously, payday=treat time, so here's the little stash I picked up today!

Frontcover Rainbow Eyes Reborn Palette from Boots

 
(This was such an arse of a picture to take... 3 of the baked shadows kept falling out :(...)
I swatched these earlier and they seem so pretty good. Nice range of shades, good pigmentation, some mattes, some shimmers, some solid colours some sheers. The main thing that shocked me about this was the size of it. I mean look - it's as big as my head!! The shadows themselves are a similar size to the Bourjois Little Round Pots!

Some pretty Laura Ashley storage drawers from WHSmiths:
 
 
I think The Husband is getting a bit fed up of make up being left literally all over the spare room from when I've done FOTDs etc, so I bought this pretty storage box for all my make up. Just filled it up and it weighs a tonne :/

Bourjois Minis!:
 
 
(These pictures are soooo bad - I can only apologise and promise that the XD card had been ordered and will be with me soon - thank goodness!) It's official... I'm officially in love with Bourjois mascara again. This is a mini version of Volume Glamour in Ultra Black and I love it! Great definition, intense colour, slight curl, volume and lengthening. Yum. Also got 2 teeny tiny Effet 3D lipglosses in Nudes Rose Mythic and Rose Bahamas.

No7 Natural Radiance Highlighter:
 
I don't quite know what the packaging team were thinking when they designed this lid. However, this is a product lots of beauty bloggers have been raving and lemming over, so I decided to join in. I've not yet given it a proper try but my first impressions are that this gives a lovely subtle highlight. It's a very delicate gold colour and I'm really looking forward to giving it a bit more of a try :)

Sleek Ink Pot Eyeliner Gel in Dominatrix (aka Black):

 
Again, I've heard great things about these! I've never tried gel liner (tried liquid and hated it) so I'm up for giving this a go and seeing what happens. It comes with a very cute little brush and from the bit of swatching I did earlier, I think I'm going to really like this. It seems to have brilliant staying power and nice rich pigmentation.
Also got the No7 Eyeshadow Blend and Contour Brush... the only reason I got the Natural Radiance Highlighter is because they're doing the £5 No7 vouchers at Boots again and I got one with my Frontcover set, so when I got another £5 voucher with my Natural Radiance Highlighter I figured that getting this brush for a mere £1 couldn't be a bad thing!

What have you hauled recently? Have you tried any of these products? What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. Great haul! I really want some of those little drawers to keep my stash in. I have a proper makeup artist case thing but i have far too much makeup and probably need about 3 sets of those drawers as well :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Those drawers are incredible (and they have a really pretty floral design all over them too!) I was quite worried with how easily I managed to fill them... have visions of the look on the husbands face if we need more of them in the next month or so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren - thank you! I'm all about pretty storage - if it's ugly, I'll end up never using it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be very interested to know how well the Frontcover palette wears - I've been eyeing it up since before Christmas!
    Have you tried the Benefit Smokin Eyes palette? Stunning sexy eyes and wears really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm planning on giving it a try today so I'll let you know :D Haven't tried that palette... I sort of went off Benefit after a couple of bad foundation experiences but I might give that a try x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, just realised that glitterbug=anna :) Hey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I may have to go into Boots tomorrow to check out that Frontcover palette. It looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your new goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kat - definitely check it out! It's such good value for money :)

    Tinypaperheart - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and thoughts are really appreciated :) Thank you for taking the time to chat xx