Thursday 11 February 2010

New Lush Products reviews

So I have to say that for the first time in a long time, Lush have released some non-Christmas products that I want to buy. I got £20 worth of gift vouchers for my birthday and I also had a bit of money kicking around so I treated myself to some nice new (and some nice but not new) Lush treats. Apologies for using the Lush website pictures instead of my own - my camera lead has gone walk-about.

The Ex-Factor

Ok so this is basically a blue, gingerbread man shaped Butterball without the butter, but for some reason I really really like it. In my head, it has a depth about it that Butterball often misses. A slightly sexy muskyness and the vanilla isn't too cloyingly overpowering. The water turns a very satisfying bright blue and it's a nice quick, even fizzer.
Price: £1.95
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ out of 5.
Would I buy this product again? Yes

Happy Blooming Bath Melt
So you might have picked up that I'm generally not a fan of sickly or sweet smells. If it's meant to smell like honey or chocolate, I'll probably stay away. However, anything with a sparkling top note or a hint of fresh and zestyness and I'm there. Saying that, I think this falls somewhere between the two. It's a proper cherry sort of scent - fresh and juicy instead of sickly sweet. The idea with this new melt is that you snap off a triangle and chuck it in your bath whilst it's running to scent your water and moisturise your body. Whilst I didn't find the scent to be the strongest, I did find it to be reasonably strong and the melt itself provided a good level of moisturising without leaving you feeling like you just bathed in an oil slick.
Price: £3.60
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ out of 5
Would I buy this product again? Yes


 Geophyzz (compact)

First things first, I am so glad that I went for the compact version of this. I think that the full sized one would have just given me a migrane. On first sniff this has one very specific scent - toilet cleaner. However, as a long time Lushie and an ex-employee of my local store, I trusted the managers advice and gave it a try. I was actually quite surprised. Once you get this in the bath, the pine smell goes and is replaced with a zingy, spicy scent. I added a smidge of No Name Bubble bar from Christmas just to mellow it out a bit but generally, it was quite enjoyable! The only downside is that you're meant to be left with salt to scrub with but I didn't really have any :( Also, even though it's a compact ballistic, it still comes in at £2.45, which is quite expensive to my mind.
Price: £2.45
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ out of 5
Would I buy it again: Possibly, but I can't see it becoming a regular favourite.

Mint Julips Lip Scrub

I'll be honest, if I didn't have a gift voucher, I wouldn't have bought this. But with a gift voucher, I always think you should splash out on somethings you've never tried before and would never think of spending your own money on. Hence I went with this. The smell is gorgeous - like scrubbing your lips with After Eights. I actually find the result quite nice too - my lips feel softer and look a little more plumped. My issue is how you get rid of the sugar - do you lick your lips, wipe with your hand, sweep across with a tissue? There seems to be no good way of getting rid of the residue without ended up with sugar halfway across your face. Also, £4.50 for a tiny pot of sugar and oil? Pennies for old rope really.
Price: £4.50
♥ ♥ ♥ out of 5
Would I buy this again: Probably not to be honest unless the price came down considerably.

Daddyo Shampoo, Jungle Conditioner, Retread Conditioner


                         
Confession time - I've spent the last 5 or 6 months using naughty L'oreal shampoo and conditioner. I am a bad bad lady. Having realised this, I decided to switch to Faith in Nature, a company I've seen recommended in various places. Love the product but it hates me. It hates my hair, it hates my scalp ... it hates me. Loves The Husband thought, so I'm leaving him happily using it up. Anyway, I want into Lush and was chatting to an SA and asked for a sample of retread to see if that could fix my broken hair. One thing lead to another and I walked out with huge samples of retread, daddyo and jungle. Wow. That's all I can say. My hair was instantly transformed back into its old soft, shiny bouncy self. 

Daddyo gives amazing shine, smells utterly divine and is purple (which gives it instant extra brownie points). Jungle is my everyday conditioner, packed full of nummy tropical fruits. I have to say, I used this once before and hated it, but the SA in the store taught me how she uses it and it works. Take an empty big black lush pot, put your piece of Jungle inside and fill the tub with hot water as you start your shower/bath. When you condition, pour away the water (it doesn't matter if there's some left in the tub) and rub the bar between your hands - you should end up with a creamy goo on your hands. Smooth this over your hair (you don't need loads and remember that because this is solid conditioner, you won't see the difference until it's dry) leave on for about 30 seconds and then rinse. I've been doing this for the past week and have had no end of comments asking me if I've had my hair cut. It's given it back a bit of oomph again!

Finally Retread, the uber conditioner which is packed with just about everything your hair could ever want. This is my go to for a once a week treat (just be careful if you have oily roots as it's quite heavy going!) I slap this on, leave it for a couple of minutes and come away with gorgeously smooth and silky hair. It just gives it that extra boost and nourishment that you need to have truly gorgeous hair and I always think that it helps to bring out a few of my natural highlights as well (but then again, I might just be talking utter rubbish!)

Price: Daddyo - £4.30-£13.85, Jungle - £4.10/100g, Retread - £8.60
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ out of 5 for Daddyo and Retread ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ for Jungle for being a bit faffy
Would I buy again: Most definately. I went in and bought Daddyo and Retread straight away after using my samples and my when my huuuuuge Jungle sample is done, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying more of that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and thoughts are really appreciated :) Thank you for taking the time to chat xx