Saturday 19 February 2011

Inspirational Interview - Giddy Princess




Hello my lovelies - sorry that it's been so quiet over here this last week... a 7 week half term is utterly exhausting and I've spent the bulk of my last week attempting to stay awake for vital things like eating and work! Annnyway, this morning I'm gladly bringing you an interview with the beautiful Giddy Princess - a truly beautiful and super sweet beauty blogger who you should definitely be following! Enjoy :)

Thank you so much for agreeing to be interviewed! Firstly, can you tell us a little bit more about yourself please?
Ooooo, these kind of questions always throw me!! You think I would know myself after 24 years!
Erm ok... Naturally as the name suggests I am a giddy girl who gets overly excited and can usually be found making fun of something (usually me)!  I spent much of my youth with my head in fashion magazines, fantasising about the days I would be glamourous! I never quite reached that stage but the quest for glamour has left me with an undying love for beauty and fashion.
How long have you been blogging and what was it that inspired you to start a blog?
I started blogging in Spring 2010 after spending a couple of months reading beauty blogs and realising my obsession was definitely something other girls experienced! Once I learnt I was not alone, I felt I owed it to the other bloggers putting themselves out there to share my experiences too!
What are the best and worst parts of being a beauty blogger?
The best part is without a doubt all the feedback you get from readers. It's great to receive all the encouraging comments on my posts and share little hints and tips I have learnt through my trials and tribulations with others!
The worst part for me is that it encourages me to give in to the obsession. I had a huge clear out before I started reading blogs and then after that - particularly when I started blogging - the collection just started getting bigger and bigger to the point where I don't know where to store things now!
You blog about a whole range of things - fashion, makeup, skincare etc. What are your favourite things to blog about?
For me I love blogging about things I have discovered that WORK! Sounds like such a strange statement, but for example - my hair has been the bane of my life for years, so if I find something that works I'm going to let you know, because it will have probably taken years to find. I cant believe for one second that there is only me with hair this difficult...
One thing you've been very open about on your blog is your weight loss - how much have you lost in total and how to did you achieve it?
Well I had lost 30lbs in total, although I'll be honest, a couple of lbs have recently crept back on...
What sort of things are you doing to maintain/keep the weight off? Do you feel that it's changed you at all as a person?
At the moment I barely have time to shower so it's all about the eating. Meaning in the day I eat a lot of satsumas, low fat yogurts and cuppa soups! I'm trying to eat healthy meals at night too because I'm usually eating pretty late.
What has been the highlight of your time as a blogger?
Gosh it's hard to pick one particular highlight. It was probably a very natural face of the day post I did and got such positive comments on. You can't help but smile when your follower make such nice comments!
You've recently blogged a bit about starting your dream career - how are you finding it?
Tough! It's pretty intense at the moment and I have to move into different areas every couple of months so I am getting used to my first move. Feeling a little like a fish out of water, but I anticipated that would happen! 
A little while ago your started a youtube channel - which do you prefer, blogging or youtube?
I think I probably prefer the blogging. Don't get me wrong - there is something great about getting your camera out and just saying what you think about something but it can be time consuming when you haven't got the right equipment, which I don't! I think if I had more time and was more organised I would lean toward YouTube more, once I had got used to my voice that is...
How do you spend your free time when you're not blogging?
At the moment sleeping! And trying to catch up with boyf, friends and family. I do a lot of reading on the train to and from work. Aside from that nights out are still a love of mine ad trips to the cinema!
What can readers of Giddy Princess look forward to over the next couple of months?
I plan to do a lot more reviews on my huge supply of hair and beauty products. 
Also expect a BIG IMATs related post! I'm talking The Haul, The Reviews and The Event!
What inspires you to keep blogging?
Definitely without a doubt the comments from followers. I think it's great that my posts make someone want to say something back. Also, it's a fabulous girlie escape from the seriousness of the working week.
Ok time for some quick fire questions:
3 Favourite Items of Make up:
Foundation, mascara, lip balm, bronzer and Concealer 
3 Favourite Foods:
Anything and I mean anything Italian.  Also have a major weakness for crisps and ice-cream (not at the same time).
3 Desert Island Items:
Water, book, suncreen and mobile phone to call for a rescue...
Or, sunscreen, conditioner, lip balm with SPF and mascara.
3 People who've inspired you:
I find those most close to me the most inspiring and my approach to life is influenced by each of them individually.
3 blogs you'd like to recommend:
BeautifullyAddictedTo - close friend with whom I first started blogging 
A Beauty Junkie in London - first beauty blog I ever saw!
Tacky Blue Eyeshadow - just absolutely fantastic for reviews and demonstrations of how to wear a certain look.
3 words of advice:
Choose your destiny.

1 comment:

  1. cute and interesting way to support other bloggers! I'll definitley check out her blog, she sounds so lovely!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and thoughts are really appreciated :) Thank you for taking the time to chat xx